The CoPilot 128 Hi-Resolution Printing System
The CoPilot 128 ink jet printing system offers the durability, versatility and productivity that you have come to rely on from Squid Ink. Whether you are printing lot codes on coated cartons, bar codes on corrugate cases, or product information and logos on PVC pipe you’re sure to find the right solution with Squid Ink’s new CoPilot 128.
Industrial Design, User Flexibility
The system is capable of running oil-based or solvent-based inks to print up to 185 dpi at 135ft /min on a variety of substrates. For non-porous applications, users have the option of utilizing Squid Ink’s solvent-based inks to print a number of pigmented inks on a variety of non-porous products like, coated cartons, plastics, glass, shrink wrap, metals, and more. Squid Ink’s PZ-1000 ink for porous substrates offers low-maintenance performance, eliminating the need for auto-priming functions and offering better ink utilization than competitive systems.
Maximize Your Uptime
The CoPilot 128 is designed to meet the harsh demands of your application. The printer features a durable touchscreen, industrial strength printhead construction, and print engines designed for industrial applications, not office applications. You can be confident that CoPilot 128’s rugged design will withstand the most abusive industrial environments while providing superior quality print. The CoPilot also features a large 500ml cartridge or bag ink system. The generous ink volume allows users to keep their line running, reducing downtime and maximizing ROI.
The CoPilot 128 utilizes oil-based or solvent-based inks for printing on a wide range of porous or non-porous substrates.
The system has the flexibility to be configured to print horizontally, at an angle, or in down shooter position.
CoPilot utilizes oil-based or solvent-based inks for printing on a wide range of porous and non-porous substrates.
The bag ink agitator system is an ideal solution for users printing with pigmented inks.
Manage messages wirelessly using the optional 10.1” full color touchscreen with Orion Software
BENEFITS OF THE COPILOT 128
- CoPilot 128 uses proven Xaar piezo technology resulting in razor-sharp print
- Available in either oil-based for porous applications or solvent-based for non-porous applications
- Print up to .7″ of hi-resolution characters, razor-sharp text, scannable bar codes, and great looking logos at 185 dpi
- CoPilot 128’s 4.3″ full color touchscreen provides access to the system’s internal messages and print functions
- Compatible with Squid Ink’s easy-to-use Orion™ message creation PC software
- Print Technology – Piezo impulse printhead technology
- Maximum Print Height – .7” (1.8 cm) per printhead
- Vertical Print Resolution – 185 dpi capable of printing razor-sharp graphics, small character text, and scannable bar codes
- Horizontal Print Resolution – 205 dpi
- Print Speed – Up to 135 feet/min. (41 m/min.) @ 205 dpi standard, optional high speed printhead up to 200 feet/min (60 m/min)
- Time & Date – Internal real time clock with battery back-up
- Product Sensor – External diffuse beam photocell standard
- Communication Interface – One USB host and one Ethernet input
- Touchscreen – 4.3” (10.9 cm) full color touchscreen display
- Ink Cartridge Volume – 500ml cartridge or bag
- Low Ink Indicator – Status alert on touchscreen, LED light beacon optional
- Substrate Capabilities – Porous or Non-Porous surfaces
- Electrical Requirements – 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Operating Environment – 34°F – 104°F (1° – 40°C)
- Agency Certifications – CE, TUV, FCC
- Time & Date – Full time and date functionality including expiration date and Julian Dates
- Item Numbering – Sixteen counters, one of which can be a daily counter and production counter
- Shift Codes – Four programmable shift codes with automatic rollover
- Bar Codes – All standard bar codes including 2D
- Fonts – Arial, Arial Bold, Arial International, Arial Monospaced, Courier, Tahoma Bold and Lucida resident fonts for use in variable data elements. Static elements in any Windows® font
- Logos – Most image files supported with Orion Graphical Interface Software
- Printing Features – Reverse, invert, rotate, repeat. Print on/off button
- Message Length – Up to 180”
- Number of Messages – 4GB storage space will store approximately 1000+ messages
- Ink Usage – Shown in Orion™ PC Software
- User Data Prompts – Prompts for user input at start of print job by manual input on touchscreen
- Bluetooth Connectivity – For connectivity with Bluetooth keyboards
- Wireless Connectivity – For wireless connection between PC or tablet and printer controller
- Database Capability – Ethernet communication protocol for external communication
- Languages – English, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian
- High Speed Printhead – Up to 200 feet/min (60 m/min)
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Bar Code Laser Scanner – Allows scan and print message retrieval
- External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels
- Wireless USB Device and Router – For wireless connectivity
- Windows Tablet Pre-loaded with Orion software; includes mounting bracket with swivel arm, USB to ethernet cable and stylus
- Conveyor Mounting Bracket – Provides stable mount to conveyor or other material handling equipment
- Floorstand – Includes mounting brackets and legs with leveling feet; 59” (1.5m) total height
- Pigmented Ink Agitation System – Allows for printing of pigmented inks
- Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner and flush solution, printhead wipes, hand cleaner and latex gloves