Vector XII Drop on Demand Large Character Printing System
The Vector XII large character industrial ink jet printer offers the modularity and versatility that manufactures and contract packagers need. With the ability to print up to 12 lines from 6 print heads, the Vector XII large character ink jet printer has the tools you need to get the job done. 1″ and 1 3/4″ print head sizes are available offering six print sizes ranging from 1/2″ to 1 3/4″. The Vector XII system can also be programmed and maintained with a PC through a standard RS-232 port.
Vector XII users have the option of choosing from several different printhead combinations. Two different printhead sizes are available: 1”or 1 3/4”″ character height. Each printhead is capable of printing at 100%, 40%, or 26% character height, offering six print sizes ranging from 1/2”″ to 1 3/4”″. Users also have the flexibility to run up to 6 different printheads of any size at the same time. No other system has this versatility. All of these components are field installable for future upgrade to meet your application’s changing requirements. And unlike any other DOD printing system in the industry, Vector XII offers up to 12 lines of print from a single controller.
The Vector XII is designed for simple day-to-day operation. Vector XII’s state-of-the-art input device provides quick and easy message programming and retrieval for up to 128 messages. Resident software accessed from the hand-held input device walks users through a series of prompts to program and save each message for printing on-demand. The system can also be programmed and maintained with a PC through a standard RS-232 port. Vector XII’s easy-to-use design and user-friendly software makes everyone involved a smooth operator.
Users can run up to 12 lines of print from a single controller.
Vector XII ink delivery system allows printing with water-based or solvent-based ink.
Vector XII utilizes water-based or solvent-based inks for printing on a wide range of porous and non-porous surfaces.
Versatile controller design allows users to upgrade or replace PC boards within minutes
BENEFITS OF THE VECTOR XII
- Print up to 12 lines from one controller on a variety of products
- Modular design allows flexibility to add print heads as printing needs change
- Ideal for contract packagers or manufacturers with multiple printing requirements
- Two models: water-based for porous surfaces or solvent-based for non-porous surfaces
- Ability to run up to 6 print heads from the same controller
- Component modularity minimizes downtime; print heads and components can be replaced in less than 5 minutes
- Easy message programming and storage of up to 128 messages for quick retrieval
- Print Type – Large character dot matrix ink jet printing system
- Printhead Options – Users have the option to use up to Six V-1600 Series Printheads, or Six V-1600HD Series Printheads Character Sizes – V-1600 Series Printheads (16-channel dot matrix characters) 1.75” (4.45cm) at 100% 16 dot height, 0.70″ (1.77cm) at 40% 7 dot height, or 0.46” (1.16cm) at 26% 5 dot height with split-line capability to print two lines of text 1.0” (2.54cm) at 100% 16 dot height, 0.40″ (1.01cm) at 40% 7 dot height, or 0.27” (0.68cm) at 26% 5 dot height with split-line capability to print two lines of text V-1600HD Series Printheads (32-channel hi-definition characters) 1.75″ (4.45cm) at 100% 16 dot height, 0.70″ (1.77cm) at 40% 7 dot height, or 0.46″ (1.16cm) at 26% 5 dot height with split-line capability to print two lines of text
- Character Set – 61 character ASCII set
- Print Speed – 120 feet/minute (6.1m/minute) to 300 feet/minute (91.44m/minute) line speed depending on message length
- Message Length – 128-character length per message per board pack; 128 memory locations
- Communication – RS-232C, 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 start, 1 stop, asynch
- Software Features – Counter, lot counter, 24-hour clock, 8-or 12- hour programmable shift code, Julian date, 3-letter month name, 3-letter weekday name, expiration date, expiration month, expiration day, expiration year, expiration Julian date
- Operating Features – Dot size, print delay, character width, character boldness, photocell on/off/repeat/encoder input, invert print, reverse print, purge routine
- Encoder Output – Resident software allows communication with shaft encoder
- Component Modularity – Eliminates the need for costly service calls and minimizes downtime; printheads and components can be replaced in less than 5 minutes
- Printhead Dimensions – 2.5” (6.4cm) H x 1.5” (3.8cm) W x 7” (17.8cm)L; dimensions are for the printhead only—an additional 3” (7.6cm) is needed for the ink line and printhead cabling
- Product Sensor – Diffuse beam photocell (20v) or hardware sinking signal, other photocell options available upon request
- Electrical Requirements – 90 – 240 VAC, 50/60Hz, 8 amp
- Cabinet Construction – Industrial-gauge-coated steel
- Operating Environment – 30°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C)
- Substrate Capabilities – Porous or non-porous substrate printing capability, specify at time of order
- Ink Volume – 5-gallon (18.93 liter) pail or 17-gallon (64.35 liter) returnable container
- ImageMaster TouchXF Software – Allows touchscreen controller to run two printheads
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Bar Code – Laser Scanner Allows scan and print message retrieval
- External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels
- Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner and flush solution, printhead wipes, hand cleaner and latex gloves