RELIABLE SMALL CHARACTER CODING
Squid Ink’s JetStream II™ CIJ printing system is designed to print superior quality small characters on a variety of substrates: porous, non-porous, smooth, textured, curved, concave and more. Printing up to 5 lines of text, the JetStream II offers a reliable, yet cost effective solution for virtually any small character, primary product coding application.
DESIGNED TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
JetStream II offers users the latest in today’s technology. The system’s simple to use 10.1” color touchscreen interface features a number of options to help users make their mark on a variety of products while streamlining their coding operation. JetStream II’s intuitive software allows users to print database messages straight from a USB drive, allowing users to print messages with variable database information. Users also have the option of selecting up to 16 quick-load messages for lines that require quick message changeover. For messages with graphic elements, JetStream II’s onboard software lets users make changes to graphics by utilizing the systems on-board graphic editor. With JetStream II’s intelligent system software, you can print what you want, when you want it.
INK JET CODING THAT WON’T BREAK THE BUDGET
Whether you are a seasoned pro, or if you have wanted to start printing codes on your products, but felt your budget restricted you from doing so, the JetStream II offers a new level of economy. Operating costs are minimized with low solvent consumption. In addition, the JetStream II utilizes ink and make-up manufactured directly by Squid Ink, eliminating the layered costs incurred by most competitive CIJ manufacturers who don’t make their own inks. Any way you look at it, Squid Ink’s JetStream II provides users with the lowest total cost of ownership in its class.
The JetStream II is designed with the low maintenance features that users have come to rely on from Squid Ink. JetStream’s self-cleaning printhead with CleanJet™ maintenance routine allows quick and easy automatic start-up and shutdown. A simple press of a button commands the printer to go through a start-up cycle or flush the system for shutdown. When routine maintenance is required, components can be swapped out within minutes eliminating the need to purchase expensive filter and pump assemblies or schedule costly service calls. In addition, annual PMs can be made in minutes simply by swapping the entire ink system with an affordably priced refurbished system.
KEEP YOUR PRODUCTION RUNNING
Changing fluids in the JetStream II is a simple, fast, and clean process. Clean cartridges of ink and make-up can be replaced in seconds without having to stop production. In addition, no chips or RFID tags are used to lock users into a fluids hostage situation with the printer manufacturer. As a proven ink manufacturer, Squid Ink offers a comprehensive range of inks for a variety of applications and industry requirements.
THE RIGHT SOLUTION
Rugged design. Easy to use software. Low cost of ownership. Your benefits go on and on. When it comes to industrial ink jet coding, rely on Squid Ink to provide the right solution for your coding and marking needs.
- JetStream II fluids are packaged in no-mess 750ml containers without the hassle of RFID chips or tags.
- JetStream II’s entire ink system can slide out for routine maintenance or it can be completely replaced in minutes for annual PMs.
- The JetStream II printhead features CleanJet™ technology for automatic one button self-cleaning operation.
- A comprehensive range of MEK, Acetone, or Ethanol-based inks are available for a variety of applications and industries.
- Up to 5 lines of print
- Line speeds up to 1000 ft/min
- Simple to use 10.1” color touchscreen interface
- Automatic start-up and shut-down maximizes uptime
- Simple maintenance with quick disconnect replacement components
- Print Technology – Continuous Ink Jet
- Nozzle Size – 60μm & 67μm nozzle standard
- Print Speed – Up to 1,000 feet/minute (305m/min) 5×5 single line
- Max Print Lines – 5 lines @ 5×5 font, 4 lines @ 7×5 font matrix
- Font Matrix Configurations – 5×5, 7×5, 9×7, 12×12, 16×16, 24×24, 32×32
- Character Height – 0.07” – 0.59” (1.8mm – 15mm); up to 32 dot high font with single line of text
- Throw Distance – Up to 1.2” (30mm) distance from printhead to substrate
- Display – 1280×800, 10.1” LCD touchscreen
- Message Storage – 8GB
- Software Features – Bar codes, graphics, counter, lot counter, shift code, time and date, expiration date
- Operating Features – One button print start / stop, control print delay, reverse print, invert print, bold print, auto-start self-clean
- CleanJet™ – Quick and easy one button start/stop process for automatic self-cleaning operation
- Communication Inputs – Photocell/trigger, encoder, reverse print, BCD select, RS232, reset counter
- Communication Outputs – Alarm light (3-color), print ready, warning
Ports – Encoder, photocell, serial and alarm beacon, I/O, network, and
- USB connections
- Printhead – Compact and durable stainless steel design, omni-directional print capability
- Printhead Dimensions – 9.25” (23.5cm) long, 1.5” (3.8cm) in diameter
- Printhead Cable – Vinyl-covered armored conduit; 9.8’ (3m) umbilical length standard; 13.1’ (4m) optional
- Cabinet Construction – Stainless steel cabinet
- Cabinet Dimensions – 19.3” (49cm) H x 15.4” (39cm) W x 12.2”(31cm) D
- Electrical Requirements – 90 – 240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Operating Environment – 41°F – 113°F (5°C – 45°C)
- Humidity Range – 30 – 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Weight – 48.5 lbs. (22kg)
- Inks – Comprehensive range of inks for a variety of applications and industry requirements including MEK, Acetone, and Ethanol-base; colors and soft pigment formulations available; no chips or RFID tags to deal with
- Print Trigger – Optical, fiber optic, ultrasonic, laser, metal proximity, capacitive proximity
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Low Ink Light – Alerts users of low ink situations
- Mounting Brackets – Fully adjustable printhead floor stand eliminates vibration from conveyor
- Stands – Stainless cart with two shelves to hold CIJ cabinet and supplies, includes casters
- Printhead Pressurization Kit – Requires plant air
- Cleaning Kit – Includes tools and supplies for cleaning
- Four-Port USB Hub – Provides 3 additional USB ports
- Alarm Beacon – Optional warning light with bracket