The AutoPilot Hi-Resolution Printing System
Squid Ink’s AutoPilot printing system will print up to .7″ of hi-resolution characters, razor-sharp text, scannable bar codes, and great looking logos. Users can run up to two printheads from a single touchscreen controller to maximize efficiency and print on opposite sides of a case if needed. The AutoPilot is capable of running oil-based or solvent-based inks to print on a variety of substrates. Best of all, AutoPilot’s 180 dpi print resolution meets your application needs for quality coding and marking.
The AutoPilot Advantage
Squid Ink introduces the AutoPilot™ printing system, a feature-rich hi-resolution printing system available at an entry level price. Squid Ink’s AutoPilot printing system offers several advantages over competitive HP® or Lexmark® – based printing systems. With the AutoPilot, users can expect 30% larger print, the ability to upgrade to a 2nd printhead, message programming via touchscreen user panel, the ability to print bar codes with standard systems, the ability to print on a variety of porous and non-porous surfaces, and much more.
Maximize Your Uptime
The AutoPilot is designed to meet the harsh demands of your application. CE, TUV, and FCC certified, the AutoPilot features a durable touchscreen, industrial strength resin printer construction, and allows the AutoPilot to operate in the most extreme factory environments. In addition, Squid Ink’s PZ-1000 ink for porous substrates offers low maintenance performance, eliminating the need for auto-priming functions and offering better ink utilization than competitive systems. You can be confident that AutoPilot’s rugged design will withstand the most abusive industrial environments while providing superior quality print.
AutoPilot offers premium print quality for razor-sharp logos, small character text and scannable bar codes.
Ability to run up to two printheads from a single controller.
AutoPilot utilizes oil-based or solvent-based inks for printing on a wide range of porous and non porous surfaces.
200ml ink cartridges offer simple and clean ink changes.
BENEFITS OF THE AUTOPILOT
- Hi-resolution print at an entry level price
- 30% larger print than competitive systems
- 200ml no-mess ink cartridges
- Ability to upgrade to a 2nd printhead
- Message programming via full color touchscreen user panel
- Ability to print on porous and non-porous surfaces
- 180 dpi hi-resolution print
- Message programming via USB or ethernet
- CE, TUV, FCC and certified
- Print Technology – Piezo impulse printhead technology
- Maximum Print Height – .7” (1.8 cm) per printhead
- Vertical Print Resolution – 180 dpi capable of printing razor-sharp graphics, small character text, and scannable bar codes
- Horizontal Print Resolution – 180 dpi
- Print Speed – Up to 135 feet/min. (41 m/min.) @ 180 dpi
- Time & Date – Internal real time clock with battery back-up
- Product Sensor – Built in product sensors automatically manage triggering. Optional external photocell and/or encoder
- Communication Interface – Two USB host and one ethernet input
- Touchscreen – 12.1” (30 cm) full color touchscreen display
- Ink Cartridge Volume – 200ml
- Integrated Ink System – Allows mechanical rotation of printhead to accommodate tilt conveyors or web applications; 0-90 degrees counterclockwise (LEDs facing up); 0-45 degrees clockwise (ink cartridge facing up); 0-90 degrees (printhead facing down)
- Low Ink Indicator – LED on printer and message alert on touchscreen, LED light beacon optional
- Substrate Capabilities – Porous or Non-Porous surfaces
- Electrical Requirements – 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Agency Certifications – CE, TUV, FCC
- Time & Date – Full time and date functionality including expiration date and Julian Dates.
- Item Numbering – Four counters plus daily counter with ImageMaster Touch software
- Shift Codes – Four programmable shift codes with automatic rollover
- Bar Codes – All standard bar codes including 2D
- Fonts – Arial, Arial Bold, Arial International, Arial Monospaced, Courier, Tahoma Bold, and Lucida resident fonts for use with variable data elements. Static elements in any Windows® font
- Logos – Any Windows bitmap in 1-bit (black/white) format
- Printing Features – Reverse, invert, inverse, rotate, repeat. Print on/off button
- Message Length – Limited by substrate length – up to 120”
- Number of Messages – 8GB storage space will store approximately 2000 messages
- Ink Usage – Automatically calculated for each message and displayed on touchscreen
- User Prompts – Prompts for user input at start of print job by manual
- Languages – English, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Portuguse, Japanese, and German versions available
- ImageMaster TouchXF Software – Allows touchscreen controller to run two printheads
- Encoder – For operation with variable speed conveyors
- Bar Code Laser Scanner – allows scan and print message retrieval
- External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels