The SB-2EX Semi is a semi-automatic uniform side belt case taper designed to close all four top case flaps and seal the top and bottom of each case. The adjustable plow system provides the utmost flexibility for varying types of carton sealing applications and provides a great alternative to hand taping. The SB-2EX Semi will seal up to 20 cases per minute.
Semi-Automatic Uniform Case Taper
The SB-2EX Semi will accept cartons from a powered conveyor and will automatically close the top carton flaps. A rugged stainless steel plow folds down the front panel, while a rear kicker folds down the trailing minor flap prior to the major flaps being folded. The SB-2EX Semi automatically meters cartons with a photo eyed controlled gating system. Top squeezing rollers help keep the major flaps together while keeping the carton square prior to tape application.
SB-2EX Semi offers fast and easy case changes and flexibility for boxes 5” to 24” in length. The adjustable hand cranks can be moved to either side of the machine and allow for quick carton change over. This feature allows you to locate either side against a wall, while being able to maintain control of the adjustments from the opposite side.SB-2EX Semi utilizes Eastey’s EX Quick-Load top and bottom tape cartridges and will seal boxes as narrow as4.5” wide and as low as 4.5” tall.
The adjustable front flap plow folds down the leading minor flap as the case enters the taper.
The adjustable rear kicker folds down the trailing minor flap prior to the major flaps being folded.
Adjustable side rails and tape head offer fast and easy case changes.
Top and bottom tapeheads are identical and can be removed instantly without tools. Choose from two options.
FEATURES OF THE SB-2EX SEMI
- Utilizes Eastey’s EX tapehead
- Plug-In and go operation
- Powder coated 12 gauge steel
- Adjustable side guides
- Industrial strength side belts
- Adjustable leg extensions
- Fast and easy box size changes
- Low maintenance
- Accommodates wide case range
- Casters for transportation within plant
- Sealer Type – Fully automatic uniform side belt, top and bottom case sealer
- Machinery Makeup – Industrial strength 12 gauge steel, powder coated for durability
- Belt Speed – 75 feet/per minute
- Tape Speed – 20 cases/per minute, depending on box size and operator efficiency
- Conveyor Height Adjustment – 27” to 34.6”
- Tape Size – 2” wide pressure sensitive tape, up to 15” diameter rolls, optional 3” wide tape
- Tape Cartridge – Proven design requires no lubrication, tips back for simple tape threading, removable for maintenance and interchangeable with top or bottom cartridges
- Air Requirements – 85 psi
- Electrical Requirements – 110 VAC, 60Hz, 4.0A
- Agency Approvals – CE Certification
- Minimum Box Size – (Length) 5 (Width) 4.5″ (Depth) 4.5″
- Maximum Box Size – (Length) 24″ (Width) 19.5″ (Depth) 19.5″
- 3” Tape Head – Accepts 3” wide tape rolls
- Front Roller Table – Roller table bolts before taping system to allow for case movement
- Rear Roller Table – Roller table bolts after taping system to allow for case movement